One to One Support
We offer one to one support to all survivors of sexual violence.
Our support workers are available on the telephone or in person at our Women's Centre, Men's Room or at alternative safe venues around the county, we call these our hubs.
You can also email a support worker if you prefer.
We only employ women at Lincolnshire Rape Crisis so you will always speak to and meet with women.
Our women's centre is a safe women only space.
Our men's room is a space that is only used to support men and is separate from our women's centre.
Meeting with one of our Support Workers
When you are ready to, we can make an appointment for you to come and see us. If you are female this can be at our Women's Centre in Lincoln or we can come and see you at an alternative safe venue. If you are male this can be at our men's support room in Lincoln or at a alternative safe venue. To make an appointment to see a support worker you can call us or email us. Whichever feels right for you is right for us too.
What will happen in a Support Meeting?
We will meet with you either at our centre or at another venue that you're comfortable with. We'll talk to you about your options. You lead your support and we will never put pressure on you to do anything that you do not want to. Together we will make a plan that you are comfortable and happy with. We'll have the kettle on too.
I'm worried about sharing information with you
You can call us to book an appointment with one of our trained female support workers. Alternatively if you don’t feel ready to see someone you can get in touch on our contact page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our service can:
- Provide emotional support through a period of crisis with face to face and/or telephone support
- Liaise with other services and agencies (for example mental health or housing) on someone's behalf
- Support family members and significant others through a criminal investigation
- Explain what reporting to the police involves to help someone make their own informed decision
- Provide independent support through a criminal investigation and court proceedings