We are here for you
We support women, girls, men and boys who live or work in Lincolnshire, who are experiencing, have experienced or have been affected by any form of sexual violence at any point in their lives and are willing to engage in support/therapy relating to these experiences.
This includes: rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse, incest, sexual domestic violence, trafficking and sexual exploitation, female genital mutilation, ritual abuse, forced marriage, crimes in the name of honour, sexual intimidation, coercion or harassment, whether physical or verbal.
We provide support and information for survivors through our helpline, email, one to one support sessions, group sessions, and counselling.
We listen and believe. We support survivors to explore their thoughts, feelings and options. We are here to listen. We do not advise, direct or persuade survivors to take any particular course of action. We believe the survivor is the best person to decide what is right for them, and we will support whatever they decide.
Our services only cover the Lincolnshire area. To find a Rape Crisis centre near you, visit:www.rapecrisis.org.uk/centres.php
Lincolnshire Rape Crisis works with all genders and we are a feminist organisation. This ethos underpins both what our service is and how it is run. It means that:
- we are a service run by women
- we listen to survivors voices and we believe
- we work in collaboration, are mutually supportive and reflective on our practice
- we aim to promote an empowering culture both for our organisation’s members and for the women who use our service
- we ensure feminism guides our interactions with other organisations and services
- we help survivors to name sexual violence
- we encourage the women who are part of Lincolnshire Rape Crisis to be articulate, passionate and clear on what needs to be achieved
- We believe rape and sexual violence is never the fault of the survivor
Lincolnshire Rape Crisis also supports the friends and family of people affected by sexual violence.
Lincolnshire Rape Crisis currently offers a helpline, structured support, email support, and we can also provide advocacy services.